Saturday, March 14, 2009

Voodoo Needle!!!

Ok so there is this old wives tale that if you thread a needle and then let if hang over your wrist it will tell you all the kids you will or have already had. So when we've tried this on alot of people it actually works and have put the kids in order. If it swings up and down (writst to elbow) it means boy. If it swings left to right (across the wrist) it means girl. The needle will stop in between each one and then when it just stops you apparently are done.
So I did this a few weeks ago for kicks. The key is making sure your elbow of the hand that is holding the needle is resting on something so you have a steady hand. So it worked saying boy, girl, girl, girl, and then. . . . . it went in a circle. CIRCLE what does that mean, well it means twins. Then it tells you what the twins will be which then said both girls.
So it is just a fun thing and I shouldn't be freaking out but it is totally in the back of my mind now. The last few times I've watched TLC Baby Story it is ladies having twins!!! James just cracks up when I turn to him and say, "Holy crap what if there are twins?" So I had my first dr. appt the other day and needless to say I was very anxious to rule out that possibility. I was so dissapointed because this first appointment was just paperwork and bloodwork and that was it. UUGGHHHH!!! My next appt. is on the 31st where they do an ultrasound and the whole shebang so we'll see what happens.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

The baby voodoo I used is a hair from your head and your wedding ring instead of a needle and thread. Same concept, except circle means girl and back-and-forth (direction irrelevant) means boy. So maybe the voodoo lines are just being crossed somehow. You're having a girl!

Jeff said...

Oh my gosh. Six kids. Oh man.

Loveable Luceros said...

ha ha ha you crack me up!!! I called you today but James said that you were sick and laying down. AND I agree with Steph....You're probably having another girl!

Cori said...

hey- I'm looking for a new job...and i can do twins :) LOL! Good luck and can't wait to hear the news! xoxo