Thursday, January 31, 2013

My New Laundry Room

So my dryer quit on me a few weeks ago and so we bought a new washer and dryer.  That poor dryer hung in there for about 6 months with it running so loud that even with the door closed it was an awful noise.  So before the washer and dryer came I wanted to freshen up the laundry room.  
I didn't take a pic before I started painting the cabinets but they were an oak.  I painted them a clean and fresh white which turned out so great.  Especially since my friend Emma came over and gave me a quick (painting cabinets 101) lesson.   Thanks Emma!!!  I can now say that I love painting cabinets since I've learned how to do it correctly.
I painted the walls the same color as I did the toyroom.  Picked out some hardware for the cabinets, found the shelf/clothes hanger which I love to hang my non dryer items.  Made a pedestal stand for the washer and dryer, found an adorable rug, picked out some cute items to go with the room and I was done.   I love my new laundry room and the washer and dryer is incredible.  I pulled a chair in the other night and turned on the washer light and watched an entire load wash.  It was amazing!!!!


Boring white appliances, white walls nothing real exciting!!!!



Painting the pedestal that the washer and dryer is going on.  I love this because I store my laundry baskets on top so I measured so that I had a clearance of 16 inches, just enough space to fit my baskets.  I also tucked away the cat liter which I REALLY love!!!!!
                                                   
                                                     Here it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                      







I'm so happy!!!

0 comments: