Thursday, July 24, 2008

Youth Conference / Dance Festival


So James and I were asked about 3 months ago to be the Directors of Youth Conference / Dance Festival. We were very nervous since: 1. We've never participated in OR seen a dance festival. 2. This is a big fat deal and I've never been in charge of a big fat deal!!!!
Well we've been trying our best for 2 1/2 months and it is only 2 weeks away!!! I'm a little stressed esp. since I am on the PTA board and over membership and that is in full swing right now too.
I have to say it has been a huge learning experience for me and I've discovered alot of things about me and hidden talents. I helped choreograph a dance and I haven't done that since I was 10. The last thing I thought I would be doing was teaching the dance to the entire Stake. I was even on youtube performing it so they could learn it at home. (don't try to find it I took it off, but I have to say I did have some pretty SWEET moves) I love working with the youth so that has been fun. Anyways this is the reason why I haven't been adding to my blog lately. I'll keep you posted on how everything goes!!!

0 comments: