Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Day in the Life. . . . . of me!

WARNING: this may be totally boring to know what I do during the day. BUT I am doing a photo class where our assignment was to document one whole day and bring our camera EVERYWHERE with us. So here is Wednesday September 10th, all day long!!!

I wake up at 7:15, hurry and get dressed and go down stairs. I see my camera on the kitchen island and remember that I am suppose to do this today. So I run back up stairs and see Derick and Kailtyn playing x-box.



I hear Olivia talking to herself and get her out of her crib.

Taylor deciding that a big glass of chocolate milk is sufficient for breakfast.


I disagree and make her eat some cereal with it.


Make the kids lunches for school.


Take a quick picture of me and Derick (what a cutie)


Derick took this of me putting the breakfast dishes in the dishwasher.


8:10 a.m. kids ride their bikes to school and I leave to take Taylor to preschool.


I hit all the red lights this morning!!!

Olivia still in her pajamas along for the ride to preschool.

8:25 a.m. Taylor arrives at preschool for a fun day of learning!!!




Some of the preschool moms decide to go to panera bread for some breakfast.


Breakfast with the girls. . . and Olivia is still in her jammies.


9:50 a.m. Home from breakfast and getting Olivia dressed for the day.


What to wear???



Me finally putting on some make up and really doing my hair.


Olivia getting into everything while I am getting ready.


All ready for the day and trying out the self timer on the camera. (the standing in front of the mirror taking a picture was not working out so well)


10:15 Leave home to go by the kids Elementary school to do some PTA stuff.




Olivia getting into stuff so we didn't stay long!!!


On our way to the church for a mommy and baby music makers for Olivia. I was 3 minutes late thanks to following the whole way this guy!!!


10:45 a.m. Music makers!!!


Olivia and her little friend Alice


11:30 a.m. Picking up Taylor from preschool.

Also picking up Faith and driving her home.



Self portrait of me being a taxi!!!


11:55 a.m. Home and Olivia is all tuckered out. I lay her down for a nap.


12:15 p.m. I fix Taylor chicken noodle soup (her request she loves it) and she watches hercules while she eats. (notice mostly watching and not a whole lot of eating)


1:25 p.m. Wednesdays are early release so the kids are having a snack and doing homework. the other girl is our neighbor who is good friends with Kaitlyn and likes to do homework at our house.



2:30 p.m. James will be gone for the night so to kill some time we meet some friends at the park.


2:40 p.m. Play at the park and have a GREAT time with the nice cooled off weather.


5:15 p.m. Pick up some Little Ceasars pizza on the way home since dad is gone and I don't feel like cooking.


5:30 p.m. SURPRISE!!!!! When we get home James is there. His sites were cancelled. We were all very happy.

6:00 p.m. We all take showers and are in pajamas so we can hunker down and watch a movie.




6:30 However it was so gorgeous outside we decided to play for a little bit first.


Me and Kaitlyn messed around with the camera while taking "emotion" pic's. This is our thoughtful one.


James and Derick played football.


7:00 p.m. All settled in to watch Snow buddies as a family.

8:30 p.m. Family prayer and little ones bedtime. James puts Oivia down for the night. I read a story to Taylor and put her to bed. Go back downstairs and derick and Kailtyn are on the couch reading for 20 minutes. I decide to lay down while they are reading.

9:20 p.m. I wake up to find Kailtyn sound asleep next to me and Derick as well. I get Derick to walk to his room and then go by James' office to tell him I am going to bed and to take Kaitlyn up to her room when he is done with work.

9:30 p.m. I can't sleep because there is a helicopter circling above our home. It is super loud and annoying. James comes up to look out the window and in a casual voice says,"they must be looking for someone" YEAH some crazy person is on the loose in a 1 mile radius and they are looking for him. So I told James to go shut all the downstairs windows and screen door, which he allready had, and like any country girl that grows up in the middle on nowhere I was intrigued and glued to my window. I was watching for any movement behind our house, in bushes, across the street. I was going to catch whoever they were looking for. In fact I had a plan that if I saw someone I would call 911 and then flash my bedrooms lights on and off to catch the helicopters attention so they would come spotlight over by my house. I actually thought to myself that I wish I knew morse code. REALLY!!!! UGGGHHHH after 40 minutes I decide that I'll leave it up to the authorities and that I was ready for bed.

10:45 p.m. In bed trying to go to sleep with the helicopter still circling above and bugged that I could of actually gone to bed and been asleep a whole lot earlier. Oh well there is always tomorrow!!!!



















4 comments:

Brigitta said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I can't believe your little girl is getting so old. It seems like you just had her. She is adorable!!!!! fun documenting your day. Where are you taking a photography class. I might be interested.

Jeff said...

What an exhausting day!

The Jeffs Family said...

You did such a great job for the assignment! I am impressed. What a nice surprise to find James at home! We had a great time at the park and will have to do it again now that the weather is getting cooler.

Jen said...

I followed the youth conference link from facebook...and then I got dragged in to looking at your blog! I love your DITL. Great job!