Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kaitlyn's softball


Kaitlyn just started playing fast pitch softball this year and she is so stinkin' cute out there. The coaches pitch as this level and they don't keep score which is good. Kaitlyn is hitting the ball really well and is enjoying being on a team and cheering and singing songs. Yeah that's right singing songs! The first game we went too the sang little diddies the whole game. Me and Derick looked at eachother and he said, "Why don't they just be quiet, this is sure different from baseball." I have to agree it is different but with 3 girls I better get use to it.
Kaitlyn's main focus right now is on the "snacks". Here is our dialogue on the way to her game yesterday:

Kaitlyn: Mom do you have snacks today?

Mom: No I don't have them for another 2 weeks.

Kaitlyn: Well I wonder who does. . . I hope they don't forget. . . . . that would be bad. . . . What would we eat after the game?. . . What do you think they'll bring?

Mom: I don't know Kailtyn.

Kaitlyn: Hey mom I was thinking. You know how sometimes I set out an inning in the dugout.

Mom: yeah

Kaitlyn: Well maybe you could put some strawberries and grapes in a bowl so I can have a snack while I'm in there.

Mom: Well you can't just eat the whole time and you need to cheering on your team.

Kaitlyn: I can cheer and eat my strawberries.

Mom: ok Kaitlyn, let's just look out the window and try to find a cow.


Kaitlyn:

6 comments:

natalie said...

My first memories of you are playing softball together. I think your dad was the coach. Crazy how time flies.

GO Gray's said...

Was I concerned about snacks as my daughter was???

Jenibelle said...

I totally agree with Kaitlyn, there always should be a snack nearby. I need to go to her games so I can get healthy snacks.

Loveable Luceros said...

ha ha ha ha that cracks me up!! Ty was the same way last year in t-ball!!!! I can totally hear Kaitlyn talking.......And then I can hear you say "Ok..Let's find us a cow" I do the same thing to McKenna!! Oh that is too funny!!!!

Kristyn said...

So cute. She looks like a little Trisha out there. My kids are the same way. All they care about is snacks and the trophy at the end of the season.

The Gray's said...

Oh that totally reminds me of my years of softball! I always loved the treats after softball games! I understand Kaitlyn's obcession with the treats! How did she do with the game? Hope she got your coordination instead of James'! :)