Monday, January 18, 2010

Egg and Bacon English muffin

So I am trying to drop some pounds and eating better. I am trying healthy low-fat recipes and I'd thought that I'd share them with you as I try them. Most of the recipes are from the biggest loser family cookbook.

This is a breakfast sandwich that my whole family loves. I have never had turkey bacon before but I like it.

Fry up 1 slice of turkey bacon
Prepare one egg (you can use just egg whites also)
I kept my eggs mostly together instead of chopping them up while they cooked. I added a slice of reduced fat cheese and covered it for a minute until it was melted.
Then added it to a toasted english muffin and added the bacon.

When shopping for the english muffins I found that there were 100 calorie ones but they cost $3.80 for 6. The regular english muffins are 110 caloris and cost $1.24 for 6. For 10 more calories at a fraction of the price I will go with the regular ones.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

ok, YUM!! I need to start eating healthier, keep the recipes coming!!

Good Time Charlie said...

That looks yummy! Hows diet goin? Good thing there are so many good lower fat foods to eat now!

Wendy said...

yum!