Saturday, June 28, 2008

Canning Apricots

I feel so pioneerish!!!! Canning has always made me a little nervous. I guess I was afraid that I'd do it wrong or something. I canned applesauce with my friend, Jeni in Washington, 3 years ago but I must of done more "chatting" and not enough paying attention to what she did, because I can't remember specifics. So when our friends said their apricot orchard was ready and we could help ourselves me and my friend Amy decided to give it a go. We ended up canning 20 1 qt. jars today. It was fun and pretty easy. I bought a steam canner which I LOVE and it makes it very quick. Our next challenge is peaches and then apple butter. YUM!!!!






1 comments:

The Jeffs Family said...

Yea for you! You will have to try Emma's canned apple recipe in the fall too--super easy and makes the best apple crisp or apple pie filling.