Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break


For spring break we went up to Sequoia national park where James sister works. We met his parents there and had a great time. There was a ton of snow and so the first day the kids sledded and played. The next we went on a trail to look at Grants tree and the the huge sequoia trees, it was very cool and the kids loved it. After that we decided to take a road and go down the mountain to look at the scenery and eat lunch. Well the road was very narrow and was cutting back and forth. Within 10 minutes I was pretty sick. So for the next 30 minutes I laid down and just breathed. Needless to say James stopped his parents and told them there was no way I was going to make it through a lovely mountain tour and so we went on to Bakersfield and met them there later that night. WE then stayed in Bakersfield for a few days and Maile showed me how to use a pressure cooker and some ideas for food storage. It was a fun trip.







2 comments:

natalie said...

So... is it twins? I had a dream the other night about you and your twins.

The Gray's said...

That sounds like LOADS of throwing-up-fun! I sure don't miss those days of being nauseated and throwing up on a daily basis. It's all worth it though right?!
Glad you had fun though. I'm sure it was nice even though you were throwing up!