Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What a morning!

This morning was crazy. I got the kids off to school and then dropped Taylor off at preschool. Then me and Olivia had to run some errands before our memorial weekend trip on Friday. So I went by and got some breakfast. I got to Target, unbuckled Olivia and she jumped in the front seat and grabbed my drink. It was completely full and she grabbed the lid and it came off and spilled everywhere. I tried to clean it up best I could with her jumping around and me trying to keep her out of the mess but still in the van. Finally I gave up and decided just to go in. Well I had my purse with my keys on the floor, I had already locked the door. Olivia grabbed the handle to the automatic sliding door and shut it. Yeah . . . .she was locked in. The first 2 minutes I was calm trying to tell her to open the door, then I started panicking. A couple walked by and I stopped them and asked for their help. It happened that they have a boy with down syndrome and he does stuff like this all the time. So all three of us are talking sweetly to her asking her to push the buttons hoping by accident she'll unlock the door. The funny thing is that she was looking at us smiling and thoroughly enjoying herself and all the attention. Finally after about 10 minutes she pushed the right button and the doors unlocked. The lady was about to go get the security guy but luckily Olivia did it. I thanked the couple and then went into the store. I told Olivia how great she did and she kept telling me over an over that she unlocked the door.
Then on to get the car serviced where the guy said it would be done in 45 minutes. 1 hour 1/2 later it was done. Olivia is full on in her terrible two's and stuff like this is just no fun doing with her. Anyways I'm home the girls are jumping on the tramp with the sprinkler on and I'm beat!!!

3 comments:

Jenibelle said...

Your Olivia is so dang cute! Nothing is worse than doing something stupid in public huh?

Kristyn said...

Oh man! Sorry! That is not fun... and your pregnant. Glad everything worked out okay in the end. :)

Tim and Krista said...

Sorry to laugh, it's just a relief that I'm not the only one who has days like this! Glad you could find the humor in it!