Sunday, September 13, 2009

12 year anniversary



We celebrated 12 years of marriage on Saturday the 12th. It seems like so many years, but it has flown by.
Alot of events have happened over the last 12 years.
7 different homes
3 states
5 kids (almost)
countless date nights
lots of trials
lots of laughs

It's funny how things turn out. I met James the first day of school orientation at Snow college and didn't think a thing about him. In fact I tried to set him up with my other roommates and friends. After 6 months of being just friends we started dating. I can still remember my friends totally shocked, and saying, "James Gray"!!!!! We are text book of the saying, "opposites attract". James very quiet, reserved and a book worm, while me on the other hand, outgoing, talkative, and trying to figure out a way to major in sand volleyball!!!
We dated for 2 months, engaged for 4 1/2 and finally married in the Denver Colorado temple.

I feel very lucky that we found each other. He is simply a great guy. Wonderful father, husband, selfless, honest, and thoughtful of others. We have grown together so much over the past 12 years and I seriously love him more today than back then.

Happy Anniversary James!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww Trish Congrats that is awesome. Miss ya. and may you have many more.

The Gray's said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! 12 years...that's crazy! Time flies when you're having fun though! Congrats!

Mandy said...

Wow....12 years?? That's awesome! Congratulations!!

ltpt35 said...

Happy Anniversary! It's crazy--12 years! It seems like I remember visiting with you shortly before your wedding....do you remember that? We had just got married the month before. Doesn't time fly?!? I love your blog! You have such a cute family! Take care! :)
Brenda

Hazen5 said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you guys balance each other out perfectly.