Monday, October 19, 2009

Welcome Brett Forrest Gray

Ok here are the pictures!!!! So first of all here is what happened. If you don't care scroll down. Went in at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday to be induced at 1 week over. Started pit and something else around 8:30. Was only dilated to 1 1/2 to 2. They kept upping the dosage every 20 minutes. By 2:00 started feeling contractions pretty good. At 4:00 a.m. really wanting an epidural but said they couldn't until I was dilated to a 3 so they gave me something to take the edge off which made me feel loopy and didn't help too much. At 8:00 a.m. begging for more meds and asking when I can have my epidural. she checked me and I was at a 7!!!!! Really, I could of had it I'm sure a few hours before but they never checked me. So anyways gave me epidural laid back down, and still felt everything. Waited 15 minutes still in pain so the had to take it out and give me a 2nd epidural. This one worked but I still felt my legs and alot of pressure. At 9:30 she checked me I was fully dilated. Started pushing at 9:39, and pushed through 3 contractions and had him at 9:44 a.m Sunday morning. Brett weighed in at 8 lbs. 9 ounces and was 20.5 inches long!


The kids came to visit on Sunday. I think this was my favorite part to see the kids expression when they saw him for the first time. Olivia looked so confused and wanted to see Brett and hold him right away. She also liked to "pet" him. Taylor held him for a few minutes and then was off drawing on some paper. Kaitlyn was so excited but mainly concerned about me. She kept coming and sitting on my bed asking how I was feeling and making sure her momma was o.k. Derick was loving on him and looked so big holding him. He was also making sure I was o.k. These pic's of me and all the kids on the hospital bed crack me up. We are running out of room on there!!!! So I got home today (Monday) at 11:00 a.m. and I'm feeling pretty soar and tired but excited. My stomach is really soar but I just love playing house with a new little baby. Thank good ness my parents are here to play mom for the next 2 weeks so I can rest.








17 comments:

Jeff said...

Yay! Baby! Glad that you finally had it. Can't wait to meet him!

Lauren said...

Oh he is so cute!! I am so happy for you, and jealous of course...I want to meet my little man!

Jenibelle said...

Hooray!!! You look adorable, (of course). So happy for your family, there's something really wonderful and awe inspiring about a sweet new spirit straight from Heavenly Father. Can't wait to meet him!!!

Hazen5 said...

Oh my gosh, he is beautiful! So perfect. Your kids look so happy with the new addition. And girl, you look too good for just giving birth! Congrats.

ltpt35 said...

Congratulations!! What a cute family you have!!

:) Brenda

The Jeffs Family said...

Congrats! I can't wait to meet little Brett! When I called to talk to the kids on Sunday, they were so cute! Kaitlyn and I were talking about how good newborns smell and she said, "Kelli, he smells sooooo good! He smells just like the fluids inside of my mom!" LOL, I about wet my pants with that one!!! Hope you are feeling well. Let me know if you need anything.

The Gray's said...

Congrats Trisha and James and kids! I'm glad everything went well! Hope you feel better with this delivery than the one with Olivia?! I hope all goes well! Enjoy the new little guy! He sure is a handsome little dude! I love the pictures! Especially the one of Derick holding Brett, you can just feel how proud he is of his brother! huh?! Such a cute fam! Congrats!

Wendy said...

oh my goodness, he looks absolutely PERFECT, Trisha!!! Congratulations! You look great. So glad all went well :) - despite the PAIN you had to feel. :(
Love to you and baby Brett!

Tim and Krista said...

Wahoo!!! Great Job, Trish! I love looking at the picture of all the kids on the hospital bed with you. I can't believe my "dancing in the garage buddy" is now a mother to 5 kids! You all look Terrific!!! Congratulations and tell your parents hello for me!

Mandy said...

Wow...a week overdue? You poor thing! Glad you're both home and doing well! Congrats to your whole family! How cool that your parents are there with you! Enjoy!

Suzette said...

Congrats. He's beautiful. I love the picture of the family all on the bed. What a Darling Mom you are :)!!!

Stephanie said...

He's SO darling! Oh, it makes me want to have another one right now and smell the amniotic on their skin...Kiss him for me!!

Malia said...

Congrats!! We are happy things went well! Why, oh, why do the nurses never listen when you tell them that you want the epidural NOW!! Brett is darling. I love the picture of all of you in the bed. I think Derick is happy to have a brother!! (just a hunch I have by the way his smile reaches both ears) ;)

Unknown said...

Wow! I cannot believe that they oldest sister was not informed of this new addition!!! I miss everything! Seriously though I am so excited! Congratuations! He is a doll and I cant wait to meet him. Love you guys!

kerismith said...

He's adorable! Looks like he doesn't lack in kisses and love with all those siblings (who are looking so grown up!) Congrats and I hope you enjoy every minute of his sweet newborness!

Anonymous said...

Great pics, can't wait to hold him!

The Silva Crew said...

Trisha he is so cute. You look great.