Friday, January 7, 2011

It's a New Year!!!!

I get kind of bugged that we wait until a New Year to change things or make goals, but I guess a New Year means a fresh start so we just tend to do it at this time. Anywho. . . for sometime now I have been thinking about what I do doing the day and what I accomplish. I love being a stay at home mom but I don't make the best use of my time. The number one "time waster" is the computer. I will sit down to do my check book online and next thing you know I've sat here for quite a long time checking others blogs, looking at recipes and a bunch of other random things. Also if I'm bored or not sure of what to do I'll just jump on and waste time.

So this past week I have only gotten on during the day maybe for 10 minutes. I tell you a crazy thing happened, I go so much done. I have more energy, I want to start some projects that I felt I haven't had time for, I listened to the scriptures on my Ipod, played and just hung out with the kids. . . I feel great. It's a great feeling at the end of the day to know that I put the things that I really need to do first instead of feeling bad that I didn't get them done. So my goal is to keep on this and not let the computer take over so much of my time. Happy New Year!!!

1 comments:

Anie said...

LOVE your goal! I need to be better too- I'm pretty sure we ALL do (I was just talking to Tisha about this same thing today)! I've been getting ideas for my primary music time off of the gazillions of primary chorister blogs out there. It's SO overwhelming and super addicting. PS- if you have any ideas that you've absolutely LOVED from music time in your primary, will you please send them my way! I've decided to dedicate myself to this calling and hope that my bishop leaves me in the calling for at least a year (he likes to change people out pretty quickly)! Thanks! :)